Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

ELF Studio Matte Eyeshadows Review and Swatches

ELF Studio Matte Eyeshadows Review and Swatches




***DISCLAIMER*** These are all my pictures that I have taken from my own camera. I do not take anybody else's pictures.I am not sponsored doing this review. I bought all items using my own money and this is 100% my own opinion.
 

So I finally got around on purchasing the complete set of E.L.F. Cosmetics Studio Matte Eyeshadows during their 50% off Studio Line around July 3, 2012. These eyeshadows originally retails for $3.00 USD in some Targets, Biglots, Ross, Burlingtons, some dollar store in the US and of course, eyeslipsface.com. I got each one of these eyeshadows for $1.50 USD minus
shipping. It comes in 0.05 oz or 1.5 g.



Packaging:

Comes in a plastic container that is very thick. Some of the caps on mine doesn't fully close. It has a sifter in the inside, and it comes with a small and useless brush.


Color Payoff:

I wouldn't say that these shadows are extremely pigmented. They are about light to moderate in
pigmentation. It is possible to build color but it has to be packed on the lids.


Texture:

These shadows are not mineral shadows, just plain powder eyeshadows. It has a talc-like feeling. It is very soft and oh-my-goodness so powdery (duh, it's a powder). When swatched, it can be blotchy...I can't find the word for it at this moment, but it is definitely not smooth. Of course all these shadows are matte, not shimmer, no glitter, just plain matte. It is however soft, and creamy like the packaging states it is.


Smell:

No smell at all.


Staying Power:

This eyeshadows lasted me a good 4-6 hrs when used with a eyeshadow primer.

The Bottomline:


Not worth the money at all. One of the worst products I bought from E.L.F. I love ELF cosmetics to death, but this product is definitely a miss. It was so messy, difficult to blend, and the fallouts was horrible!!! I had so much fallout with this product that I made a mess in the bathroom swatching these.



The mess in my bathroom sink
 


The pigments stuck to my mails when I swatched it. Brush was useless.


My personal rating: 1/5

Swatches:

Baked Berry

A mauvy purple color

Baked Berry swatch

Baked Berry in natural lighting


Baker Berry with camera's flash


Brick

A rust brown color
Brick swatch

Brick in natural lighting



Brick with camera's flash



Burnt Brown

A tan grayish brown color
Burnt Brown swatch


Burnt Brown in natural lighting


Burnt Brown with camera's flash


Charcoal

A true black color


Charcoal swatch


Charcoal  in natural lighting

 
Charcoal with camera's flash


Chestnut

A red toned dark brown color

Chestnut swatch


Chestnut in natural lighting


Chestnut with camera's flash


Mint

A light pastel grassy green color


Mint swatch


Mint in natural lighting


Mint with camera's flash


Muted Mauve

A light rose pink color with hint of brown

Muted Mauve swatch


Muted Mauve in natural lighting


Muted Mauve with camera's flash


Nude

A flesh colored light yellow tan


Nude swatch

Nude in natural lighting


Nude with camera's flash


Pearl

A plain white color


Pearl swatch


Pearl in natural lighting


Pearl with camera's flash


Smoke

An ash dark grey color


Smoke swatch


Smoke in natural lighting


Smoke with camera's flash



More Pictures and swatches

with camera flash


natural lighting


with camera flash


swatches in natural lighting


swatches with camera's flash


My Youtube video:





 Thanks for reading!!! Do you own any of these colors? What do you personally think about this products? Thunbs up or down?




  

3 comments:

  1. I swatched them and did not like them - they do not attach to the skin too well... I would recommend not to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great review and swatches, I'm glad you did it because I was thinking of buying some.

    Check out my blog too if you like, an international giveaway is running :)
    toothfairygardy.blogspot.gr
    xx

    ReplyDelete