Search This Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2012

ELF Essential Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil Review

ELF Essential Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil Review


***DISCLAIMER*** These are all my pictures that I have taken from my own camera. I do not take anybody else's pictures.I am not sponsored doing this review. I bought all items using my own money and this is 100% my own opinion.


I have already done an ELF Essential Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil in the past year, and I recently reviewed it, only to realize that the swatches that I did was very poor in quality. I then had to retake a couple of pictures to post up a new, updated video regarding these liners.

First of all, for $0.50 after a 50% off sale when I got these last year, I believe it was a good buy. I honestly do not reach for these liners too much because, I like my Urban Decay Pencil Liner in Perversion a LOT more and I reach for it more often than any pencil liners that I own. There is nothing wrong with these liners- they are very pigmented, creamy, and functions well as a liner. Maybe I'm just not so used to using more colored liners, as I have only used Black, or maybe brown at times, and white on my bottom waterline.


Packaging


The pencil liners come in standard with a sharpener cap which is very convenient , having the cap and sharpener at the same time. I do not use the
sharpener that comes in the cap because the product sticks to the cap, then gets everywhere. The outer packaging of the liner is cute, as it shows the sparkly colors of the actual liner pencil as part of the packaging, making it easier for the consumer to realize what color liner they are grabbing for.

Color Payoff:


The liners are pretty pigmented and vibrant. The Iconic Ivory comes out a little blotchy when swatched, and it does not line the waterline very good. It is mostly metallic shimmer finishes, but I feel like the 1st three colors Iconic Ivory, Precious Pink and Blissful Blush are not very good liners foe the waterline, or even to line eyes as the colors are not bright enough.

Texture

The liners are creamy and applies smoothly. There are a couple of liners that are a little tough and tug on the lids, but most are pretty smooth. Sometimes, I feel like the liner is too creamy that it swatches blothcy. I've had my liners for a year now and I hardly reach for these, but when I swatched them recently, they are all still creamy and smooth and not dried out.

Smell

These liners have no smell.

Staying Power

These liners will stay about 1-2 hrs in place, then will start smudging around the lids and eyes. These liners needs to be set with eye shadows to make it last longer, about 4-5 hrs.

The Bottomline:

If you are able to get these liners for half the price, then yeah, its worth it if you are going to use them. I personally don't like too colorful eyeliners, I stick to my black, brown and white colors, so I feel like I didn't need these liners. These are not must haves for any makeup collection if bought in full price. The liners are decent quality liners, especially Black Bandit is an awesome black.

My Personal Rating

I am going to give these liners a 3/5 as I like them, but they are not my fave liners at the moment. It is ok, good pigmentation, smooth, creamy, and it works.


Swatches:


Iconic Ivory

A white pearly shimmery pencil




Precious Pink

A shimmery baby pink color pencil





Blissful Blush

A taupy shimmery colored pencil





Twinkle Teal

A dark greenish teal shimmery pencil




Gunmetal

A shimmery metallic dark grey pencil



Boldly Bronzed

A metallic bronze pencil



Grassy Green

A vibrant metallic green pencil



Plum Passion

A shimmery grape purple pencil



Black Bandit

A metallic black pencil




More Swatches






My Youtube Videos:

My New Updated Video

My Previous Video from last year





Have you tried these pencils? Which ones are your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. A spot is most seen on the finest cloth.



    http://packaging.nbwidely.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great information, thansk for this.Its very informative and i am sure it will help many other people like the way it helps me. Thanks for the information.


    Best Eye Liner Pencil

    ReplyDelete